Wednesday, October 10, 2007

IV, Knitting Factory




Yea! The show last night at the Knitting Factory was amazing! So many vibrant happy New Yorkers in the audience, we all gave each other so much energy it was awesome. The stage was super small so we did most of the dance numbers in the audience, then I hopped on stage and hula hooped in the smallest space since Boise with Vagabond Opera. It was cool though, I bumped a few mike stands but no harm done, and I didn’t drop the hoop! The crowd went crazy for Space Hole and we had a guest saxophonist from the Pink Puffers, named Mateo. My friends Stefan showed up with some of his hoping students and my new friends Jonny and Kaitlin were there too… and I even saw some folks from Oregon…. After the show and a long bus packing session the mobile party made it’s way to the upper west side to the residence of our new friend, Mark. He is one of the Flying Karamozof brothers and saw us at the midnight show at Country Fair and loved us. And we love him. He led us to his vertical apartment. It was the funniest sight, 30 people trudging up 5 flights of stairs with all their luggage at 3:30 in the morning, most of them inebriated. Trying to be quiet. Yea right! He led us up to the rooftop which would be our evening resting place. The night was so warm, it was still in my tank top near dawn. Then he cooked us all a yummy snack. I think my head hit the pillow around 5am, but I got a few hours of good sleep, with the help of my bucky eye mask and earplugs. When I woke up it was almost raining, and much cooler. This day off so far has comprised of people deciding what they want to do, and Mark cooking us an amazing breakfast. Later this evening I am going to go see the Pink Puffers play … and then Ben Pink’s dad is taking us all out to Chinese food! The restaurant is called Oriental Food (!)
This is Tom's restaurant from Seinfeld, right down the street from Mark's abode.

No comments: